2/3 cup water
7g instant yeast
1/3 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour(sifted)
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup evaporated milk
grated cheddar cheese
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of water. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl with a dough hook, place sifted all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Mix until incorporated.
3. Add the dissolved yeast, remaining water, eggs, and evaporated milk. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed then mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
5. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
6. Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
7. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes then cover with a towel to prevent from drying.
8. Roll out the pieces thinly into 8″x5″ rectangles. Brush surface with butter.
9. Roll into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
Place each piece in a greased ensaymada molder.
10. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size at room temperature
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 325°F (160°C).
12. Cool Completely before putting the buttercream and grated cheese